Dunagan | Childs provides comprehensive services pertaining to all aspects of real estate including: acquisition, development, financing, management, leasing, and sale. Our work includes:
- Negotiation and preparation of purchase and sale contracts for the acquisition, development, and financing of all types of real property. Examining title matters and curing title defects. Conducting due diligence and analyzing the effect of laws and ordinances on real property development and use;
- Representation of owners and developers seeking zoning, subdivision and site development permits for multifamily developments, office buildings, condemnations, industrial projects and retail shopping centers;
- Negotiating and preparing office, retail, industrial and ground leases. Representing landlords and tenants in enforcement and interpretation of leases. Providing assistance to property managers with all agreements relating to the management of real property.
- Creation and representation of homeowner and commercial property owner associations and condominium regimes. Enforcing deed restrictions and covenants;
- Real estate entity formations, including preparation of general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, tenancy in common agreements, and corporations;
- Representation of commercial real estate borrowers in connection with due diligence investigations, loan document preparation and negotiation, and loan closings, including conduit/securitized loans, conventional loans, mezzanine loans, partner or shareholder or member loans to entities, equity conversion loans and related opinion letters.
The firms litigation services include the defense and prosecution of business claims such as breach of contract claims, lease disputes, construction and design professional claims, fraud and deceptive trade practices act claims, and disputes involving restrictive covenants.
Construction Law & Design Professionals:
- The Firm’s construction law services include the representation of contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, and property owners. The firm has experience negotiating and preparing construction contracts, resolving lien claims, litigating construction defect claims, and related insurance claims;
- In addition, we represent architects, engineer, and other design professionals on a wide variety of situations from contract negotiation and general business matters to construction defect defense and lien disputes.
Dunagan | Childs also provides a wide array of legal services applicable to most business matters, including:
- Advice regarding the appropriate form of business entity and preparation and negotiation of applicable documents and agreements pertaining to corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships, joint ventures, tenancies in common, co-ownership agreements, or other entity formations;
- Representation in connection with the purchase, sale, merger, reorganization and liquidation of corporations, partnerships or other entities;
- Negotiation and preparation of agreements pertaining to all business areas, such as purchase and sale agreements, employment agreements, consulting contracts, management agreements and non-competition agreements;
- Representation in connection with workouts and debt restructuring for distressed business organizations and non-performing real estate or other loans; and
- Representation of borrowers and lenders in connection with asset-based lending, including preparation and negotiation of loan documentation.
I.R.C. 1031 LIKE KIND EXCHANGES:
- Advice and consultation regarding I.R.C. Section 1031 Like Kind Exchanges of Properties (real and personal property), included direct exchanges, forward deferred exchanges, reverse exchanges and build to suit exchanges;
- Qualified intermediary services are available through Travis County Exchange Corporation, a corporation founded in 1993 that is owned and operated by Craig Dunagan.