Dunagan | Childs, Attorneys at Law was founded in 2003 by Craig Dunagan and Kevin Childs as a boutique real estate law firm in Austin, Texas. We provide complete representation regarding real estate transactional, construction, and development related law. We assist clients with the purchase, sale, construction, development and financing of real property. Our small size permits us to maintain the highest standards of customer service and responsiveness.
Craig Dunagan and Kevin Childs are licensed to practice law in both Texas and California, and serve the needs of clients in both states. We represent purchasers, sellers, managers, landlords, tenants, and developers of commercial and residential real property. We also represent homeowners associations, architects, engineers and other design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers.
The firm’s services include:
- Representing clients in the purchase, sale, like-kind exchange, and leasing of real property;
- Representing clients in subdivision, zoning, environmental, and other development permit applications;
- Negotiating and preparing office, retail, and industrial leases and related documents. Representing both landlords and tenants in enforcement and interpretation of leases;
- Representing clients in entity formation and operation, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other entity forms;
- Representing clients in litigation concerning business transactions, leases, construction liability, design professional liability, and other matters;
- Representing contractors, subcontractors, and property owners in the enforcement of lien rights.
- Representing architects, engineers, and other design professionals in contract negotiations and litigation;
- Litigating claims involving breach of contract, design and construction defects, fraud claims, deceptive trade practices act claims, landlord and tenant disputes, restrictive covenant claims, and other business claims.
DISCLAIMER: This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented should not be construed as formal legal advice and does not form a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek legal counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues. Unless otherwise indicated, lawyers are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.